Saturday, February 11, 2017

Road Closed...

As many of you already know in September 2016 I decided to venture out and make a big decision. I made a choice to move 1,000 miles away from home. Away from my family. Away from my friends. I moved to a little city in North Carolina called Havelock. I did this with intent that I would no longer have to be in a long distance relationship. The relationship seemed to be getting pretty serious and I believed at the time that removing the distance would be the next best thing for the relationship.

Some of you already know this, but... that relationship ended pretty quickly after I moved here. For me it was like I started driving down the road. I could see my destination. I knew what I wanted. I knew how I was going to get there. Then suddenly out of no where a road closed sign appears. The route I though I was supposed to take I could no longer go.

I think that when God puts up a road closed sign he simply has an alternative route planned. A better route. What can be hard to accept is that sometimes this alternative route will take longer for us to reach our destinations. We think we are ready for something, however, God disagrees. He leads us down a different route because we are not ready. There are still lessons to be learned. He wants us to grow and be ready for everything that He plans to give us.

We have to Trust in Him. We have to Trust that He is doing what is best for us, even when we feel hurt. A relationship ending is always going to hurt, no matter the circumstances. What you do once you reach that road closed sign is what really matters. What do you do?

Take the next best step. That step is to keep going. Keep learning. Keep growing. He is just better preparing us for the great things He has in store for us. So no matter the hurt. No matter the obstacle.
Know that what is to come is so much more better than what you could had ever imagined. So trust Gods plans and thank Him for giving you a new path!

PRAYER:
Dear Heavenly Father, I know that you are guiding me every day and for that, I thank you. You know my future and I rely on Your stength and Your goodness to guide me! When a road closes I can trust that You have an even better alternate route planned. Better than I could had ever imagined. As you guide me, heal me. Heal all my pain and take away of all my doubts. Allow me to take the most away from all obstacles that I face and learn from every lesson. Help me to grow in you Father, God. In Jesus name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment