Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Wandering in the Wilderness


So here I am... traveling down a new path that God put me on. I am in a place I had never expected to be. North Carolina. I had NEVER thought of moving to North Carolina until I was in the relationship. I had a reason to move here. Now I don't have a reason to be here... So what is my reason for staying? I could go anywhere in the world! I moved 1,000 miles away from home to be here, so I could always move another 1,000 miles away if desired.

This kind of thinking has left me in a state of confusion. I have a million questions. Why am I here? Do I stay here? What is Gods purpose for me here? If I moved, where would I go? What is next? What is the plan? Since I moved to North Carolina I have felt like I am just wandering. I do not have a plan. I do not know Gods plan. I am cluelessly and aimlessly wandering around. I can not yet see the bigger picture.
When I feel like this I think of Jesus' 40 days in the wilderness. The Holy Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness, where Jesus was then tempted by Satan. What happened during that time in the wilderness was essential. He trusted God and did not give in to temptation.

I can not help to think that I am currently in a season of wandering in the wilderness. I am in a place I do not know. I had no family or friends once I moved here. I know that this wilderness does have the ability to transform my heart in many unexpected ways; I just have to stay clear of temptation and live by The Word. 

Many times we do not know we are wandering into the wilderness until we are already there. We can end up there in the blink of an eye. This wilderness can seem like a desolate and lonely place. We have to remember that we are not simply wandering but we are wandering with a purpose. God allows us to go into this wilderness knowing that Satan will tempt and test us. It may seem like a frightening situation; However during this time we have to remain confident in the fact that we are NOT alone. God is walking with us every step of the way. We must keep praising and serving God as we navigate through the unfamiliar circumstances. Our faith will be tested, yet we must remain strong and persevere. If we do this we will see Gods grace in the most difficult of situations. 

PRAYER:
Dear Heavenly Father, As I continue this journey You have led me on fill my heart with joy and peace. Allow me to take comfort in knowing that You are with me. Give me strength to stay clear of all temptations that come my way and allow me to keep You first. As I navigate these unfamiliar circumstances help me to persevere through all things. I pray that You will transform my heart in many unexpected ways. In Jesus name I pray. Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment