Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Trust God's Love

Life can be hard! For me right now, in my life, I have so much stacked up! I have always been one to worry about everything a year in advance. For many that is a good thing, however worrying about the whole next year every single day can be really strenuous on the mind and soul.

I have more stressors than I am comfortable to list but here is my short list. Getting good grades (BA or higher) in all my classes, finishing homework on time, acing every quiz and exam, studying and preparing for daily classes, getting into grad school, paying for classes this summer, paying for bills, trying to find time to work, obtaining a position that will allow me to earn enough to pay for school and my bills, starting my first practicum this summer, getting ready to take the GRE this summer, actually taking the GRE, helping my sister move into her house, fixing up my sisters old house, moving into my sister's old house and finally living alone, becoming a mentor to a new little sister (BBBS), volunteering at my church every week, attending church every week, continuously growing my relationship with God, living a healthier lifestyle, working out, goal of running a 5K in 27 minutes, reaching my goal weight by the end of the summer, maintaining my relationships with my current friends, forming new relationships with new friends, hanging out with my neices and nephews, maintaining my relationships with my grandma and sisters, traveling somewhere new christmas break, getting into the classes I need in order to finish school in May, and graduating next May. 
I have many other worries, all causing a great deal of stress and/or pain. These ones are probably causing some of the most stress as I am trying to find the time to do everything. I am constantly thinking about each and everyone of those stressors, trying to find solutions to relieve my stress, however sometimes there are no current solutions.

I know the solution to all my problems is to stop worrying and to pray on it. And pray on it I do. However I am still having trouble with the stop worrying part. Praying helps, however I often find myself lying awake in bed for hours, restless, no matter how hard I try to stop thinking about it. 

This week has been really hard! I have been feeling really down. I'm not sure exactly why. My guess is too much worrying and all the stress building up. The anniversary of my mother's death was sunday and today, March 23rd, is her 43rd birthday. Tonight is just one of those nights where I just feel like breaking down and crying, and that's okay. I am going to pray to God, I know he will hear me and I know he is looking after me. He has a plan for me that I yet do not know nor understand. I just know that everything does happen for a reason. So good will come from the stress and pain I am feeling now.What God has planned next for me will be great! The first one in my family with a bachelors degree, I will be a BCaBA. I will reach so many of my goals in the next 12 months. 

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. 
 - Philippians 4:6-7

We all have our own problems and worries. We all have our own stress and pain that we each deal with. We must all must give them to god and pray on them. One of my favorite sayings: If God brings you to it he will bring you through it. So trust the Lord with all your heart and Pray. 




No comments:

Post a Comment